Welcome to Swiznation's Blog

Welcome to Swiznation's Blog

News, Events, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Fashion,

Beauty, Inspiration and yes... Gossip! *Wink* So much

more to read now

Manchester United give Paul Pogba and Marcos Rojo injury updates

Manchester United give Paul Pogba and Marcos Rojo injury updates

Marcos Rojo is set to make his Manchester United comeback after the international break but Jose Mourinho has 'no idea' when Paul Pogba will be back.

Rojo is training with the first-team as he continues his rehabilitation from the cruciate ligament injury he suffered in the Europa League quarter-final victory over Anderlecht in April, while Pogba returned to United's Carrington training complex earlier last week after spending most of the month recovering from a hamstring injury in Miami, Florida.

Pogba has not played since limping off in the win against Basel on September 12 and is training separately from the senior squad at United's training base. The France midfielder seems unlikely to feature in United's fixtures with Benfica on Tuesday and Chelsea on Sunday before the November international fortnight begins.

United return to domestic action with the visit of Newcastle on November 18 and it is possible Rojo could return for the Under-23s in their derby against City the following day.

"Again, I have no idea, honestly, I have no idea," Mourinho said of a return date for Pogba. "I have no idea, I'm not in control of his recovery process, he's not training with me, he's on individual work and not in my group.

"Even under certain conditions, for example Marcos Rojo is working with me, with certain conditions, but he's working with me. But I would expect Marcos Rojo to be ready to play after the international break. I can predict that because he's training with me.

"But Paul, I have no idea."

Mourinho was asked how pleased he was with how United had coped without Pogba and mistakenly suggested they had only failed to win one match during that period.

"We won every match, except one, no?" he replied. "Which one was the second? Liverpool?"

No comments:

What Do You Think?

Powered by Blogger.